Sunday, November 17, 2013

.London and the Dawn of the Megacity

So there will be a .London (spring I think) - domain followed by .nyc (New York) - Paris (.rude) and other mega-cities to follow.

I wonder - will Mumbai be cool and either go for  a:
  • .bombay or a;
  • .bollywood


Anyway there is a lot of interest in the .London domain. London is a global finance hub - a travel hub - a yummy sweets hub - a city where property - is a traded commodity like diamonds.

I want david.london myself - I don't fancy my chances.

Apart from pointing to a future - where opportunities are going to be few (outside of mega-cities) - it is also refreshing that the real buzz... is city brands - and not global brands (though the Spain might one day be renamed to Vodafone).

People associate with and are proud of being part of London (the same with New York).... I see the domainname as being very popular - not just for business - but for you and me...

As for the rest of England?

.envious I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment